Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Lucky 7 Meme


A couple of weeks ago, my good friend Cherie Colyer, debut author of Embrace, tagged me in a really neat manuscript post called The Lucky 7 Meme.  See how it works below:

1) Go to page 77 of your manuscript (in this case, my middle-grade novel)
2) Go to line 7
3) Copy and paste the next 7 lines -- sentences or paragraphs -- and post them as they are written. No cheating!

And without further ado...my manuscript...


     “Huh?” I asked.
     “Prepared and professional.” Casey smiled. “I think that’s going to be my motto if I win.”
     She has a motto?! “I would have changed, but I didn’t have time,” I said. At least this was the truth. After Mom picked me up from school, she dropped the twins off at a play date, ran to the bank and then took me straight here. 
     Casey couldn’t have cared less. “Whatever. Let’s go in the basement. It’s all ready.” Boy, was she prepared.  In the middle of the room sat a round table with a striped cloth and a bowl of flowers. 


**They actually appear as 7 lines in my manuscript. Pretty neat, huh?

1 comment:

  1. Oh! I love this scene! How fun that it fell on page 77. Thanks for joining in the fun!

    ReplyDelete